Sub Contract Engineer – Buyer
An opportunity has arisen for a Sub Contract Engineer – Buyer for Peter Brotherhood. The main duties as a member of the Supply Chain Management team will be responsible for cost effective and timely delivery of products which have been subcontracted or outsourced by Peter Brotherhood Ltd. It is expected that aside from their normal duties the candidate will also assist in productivity improvement and business development activities. The successful candidate will be expected to display a willing attitude along with a drive to help support the company’s development.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities:
- Selection and evaluation of sub contract suppliers
- Analyse supplier capabilities and manage source selection
- Identify, formulate and issue enquiries
- Procure products and services cost effectively
- Conduct contractual negotiations with suppliers to ensure that all contracts reflect a robust flow-down of our contractual terms and conditions and to minimise commercial risks
- To rationalise supplier base to develop preferred sources of supply to meet the strategic business needs
- Access more effective suppliers capable of supporting design initiatives and/or cost out strategies
- Monitoring and measurement of sub contract performance
- Ensure that the quality of products supplied meets appropriate quality standards
- Ensure supplier on time delivery through effective supplier selection and management
- Visit subcontract suppliers both in the UK and overseas
- Develop awareness of market intelligence on products, prices and processes
- Keep up to date on new developments that influence procurement practices and procedures
- Participate in meetings when required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of purchasing processes and Order placement systems desirable
- Responsibility for the updating of computerised reports regarding delivery dates and delivery performance
- Experience of ERP Systems (eg.PB2000) preferred
- Experience of Microsoft Office suite
- Lean / Six Sigma
- An appropriate SCM qualification desirable but not essential with relevant experience
- Engineering technical knowledge preferred.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Design Draughtsman for the Peter Brotherhood business.
We are seeking an individual to work within the existing design team undertaking detailed design work and detailed draughting of various components across various product ranges. The suitable candidate will identify and implement time and cost saving initiatives and be heavily focused around standardised component design.
The position will require interaction with other business areas including manufacturing, supply chain and quality.
Key Accountabilities & Requirements –
- Lead design of product components and assemblies from initial concept through to modelling and detailing
- Identify opportunities to utilise intelligent tools to improve quality and throughput of work in the department
- Conduct VAVE efforts on identified components to improve competitiveness of product portfolio
- Identify potential product improvements and the benefits of implementing such improvements
- Liaise with manufacturing to find solutions to component issues that arise
- Work closely with the engineering team to instil design intent into models and drawings.
- Bill of material construction for contractual components and assemblies
- Create best practices for both processes and components handled by the team
- Development of existing products to enhance the portfolio of the business
- Identify possible process improvements that could be implemented and detail the benefits of implementation
- To ensure that Health and Safety practices are followed both in daily work and incorporated with product design
Essential to this role is 10 years’ experience in a design and engineering environment with at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role. Candidates must have an expert knowledge of CAD systems, particularly Solidworks and knowledge and working experience of PDM/PLM systems and experience of constructing piping systems. Comprehensive understanding of complex Bill of Material structures and use of and construction of intelligent parametric modelling is required together with DFMA experience.
Preferred qualifications are a Bachelor’s Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent, a Solid works qualification and draughtsman qualifications (e.g. GD&T)
Previous experience of working within a manufacturing/engineering environment an advantage.
PROUD TO BE
A TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE
Peter Brotherhood conform to the stringent quality assurance standard ISO 9001:2008 and the environmental management standard ISO 14001:2004 as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Management System OHSAS 18001:2007.
Certifications available to download here.
We design, manufacture, install, commission and support Steam Turbines, Reciprocating Gas Compressors and CHP solutions. Our global through-life support services provide peace-of-mind to our customers, ensuring reliability and availability of all our machines
Contact us on:
+44 (0)1733 292200
85 Papyrus Road, Peterborough, PE4 5HG, England
Part of the Hayward Tyler Group.