Field Service Engineer
An opportunity has arisen for a Field Service Engineer to join our Service and Aftermarket Team. This challenging role will work within the Field Service team to deliver right first time and in full delivery of field service to our worldwide customer base. This role encompasses worldwide onsite technical assistance to customer during: overhaul, repair, maintenance, fault finding and installation and commissioning of steam turbines, reciprocating gas compressors and gearboxes.
You will need to have:
- Expert knowledge and first-hand experience of steam turbines, reciprocating gas compressors and gearboxes.
- A flexible approach to working patterns to be able to travel, worldwide and offshore, often at short notice.
Please apply directly to Simon Ellis firstname.lastname@example.org
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Buyer for the Peter Brotherhood business.
The Senior Buyer will be responsible for cost effective and timely delivery of products to specified technical and quality requirements for production and engineering programmes.
The successful candidate must be able to take control of a given set of commodities and will be responsible for both the operational performance of the suppliers and for interfacing with internal customers, in addition to managing the varied operational demands of supporting a successful manufacturing business.
The ultimate aim is to support the business aims by optimising price, quality and delivery.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities –
- Conduct contractual negotiations with suppliers to ensure that all contracts reflect a robust flow-down of our contractual terms and conditions and to minimise commercial risks
- Ensure that the quality of products supplied meets appropriate quality standards
- Ensure supplier on time delivery through effective negotiation
- To rationalise supplier base to develop preferred sources of supply to meet the strategic business needs
- Access more effective suppliers capable of supporting design initiatives and/or cost out strategies
- Develop awareness of market intelligence on products, prices and processes
- Maintain purchase order status with dates reflecting current demand and commitments.
- Evaluate and support resolution on material quality, price, supply issues, delivery and invoice discrepancies.
- Prepare reports, related to purchasing activities, for presentation to the business.
- Propose and implement job related process improvements, participate in cross-functional reviews.
- Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review potential cost reduction activities
- Negotiate orders, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
- Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation
- Understand the role of the Senior Buyer and the integration within Peter Brotherhood
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of purchasing processes and Order placement systems
- Responsibility for the updating of computerised reports regarding delivery dates and supplier performance
- Experience of ERP Systems preferred
- Experience of Microsoft Office suite
- Lean / Six Sigma
Electrical, Control & Instrumentation Engineer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Electrical, Control & Instrumentation Engineer for the Peter Brotherhood business.
This role is an important position within the Company which defines all Electrical, Control and Instrumentation engineering that is required on Peter Brotherhood’s Steam Turbine and Gas Compressor projects. Additionally supports both the Applications and Product Development Teams.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities –
- Design and develop product portfolio for Steam Turbines, Gas Compressors and CHP Systems within the Oil and Gas sector and Power sectors.
- Create designs to ensure functionality of Electrical, Control and Instrumentation systems for PBL proposals or Contracts for Steam Turbines, Gas Compressors and CHP systems according to quality, safety, reliability, maintainability and cost targets.
- Technically support Project Managers including site visits, and technical meetings as required.
- Provide technical assistance to Sales, Applications, Spares and Service, Aftermarket and new product development initiatives including site visits and technical meetings as required.
- Undertake design studies on PBL and competitor’s existing control systems as required including value engineering and cost reduction
- Keeping up to date on developments in Electrical, Control and Instrumentation systems and feedback if anything can reduce costs or lead times
- Support Operations to resolve assembly or functionality issues and support FAT of the Steam Turbines, Gas Compressor and CHP systems
- Review and approve drawings, layouts, specifications and sub supplier data to ensure they meet the requirements of the project.
- Prepare or advise on order data sheets, specify and approve materials of construction to meet the requirements of the project specifications
- Specify and approve control system Functional Design Specifications, Software Design Specifications, Logic Diagrams and C&E Matrix
- Define and write PLC Programs using Rockwell, Siemens or Schneider
- Define and configure Visualisation Programs Rockwell, Siemens or Schneider
- Simulate the PLC and Visualisation Programs using the appropriate simulation tools
- Specify and approve test and inspection procedures of all electrical, control and instrumentation equipment
- Carryout FAT of PBL control systems at the supplier premises
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Electrical, Controls & Instrumentation Design and Implementation including Pressure, Temperature, Flow and Level Measurement
- Machine condition monitoring including vibration, speed etc.
- Hazardous Area classification
- Generator system and protection
- PC – basic working knowledge and application of Microsoft products
- PLC/PC/Visualisation, CAD literate
- Detailed knowledge of Industrial network communication Protocols
- PLC programming.
- Visualisation configuration
- Developing Documentation consisting of the P&ID’s, Functional Design Specification, Software Design Specification, Cause & Effect Matrix, Instrumentation Schedules, ISA Data Sheets, Communication Maps, Cable Schedule, Logic Diagrams, Termination Schedule, Cable Block Diagrams
- Similar product & markets
- Electrical Distribution
- Power Generation
- Product Documentation
- PLC/Visualisation configuration
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering experience in a capital goods design and manufacturing business
- Experience in installation, commissioning and trouble shooting
- Able to communicate and engage with all levels of the Organisation
- Able to see the bigger picture
- Capable of gaining credibility and trust quickly
- Pro-active and able to act on own initiative
- Able to constructively challenge existing habits, behaviours and thinking to change the culture
- Training, presentation and communication skills
PROUD TO BE
A TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE
Peter Brotherhood conform to the stringent quality assurance standard ISO 9001:2015 and the environmental management standard ISO 14001:2015 as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Management System OHSAS 18001:2007.
Certifications available to download here.
We design, manufacture, install, commission and support Steam Turbines, Reciprocating Gas Compressors and CHP solutions. Our global through-life support services provide peace-of-mind to our customers, ensuring reliability and availability of all our machines.
85 Papyrus Road, Peterborough, PE4 5HG, England