Field Service Engineer
An opportunity has arisen for a Field Service Engineer to join our Service and Aftermarket Team. This challenging role will work within the Field Service team to deliver right first time and in full delivery of field service to our worldwide customer base. This role encompasses worldwide onsite technical assistance to customer during: overhaul, repair, maintenance, fault finding and installation and commissioning of steam turbines, reciprocating gas compressors and gearboxes.
You will need to have:
- Expert knowledge and first-hand experience of steam turbines, reciprocating gas compressors and gearboxes.
- A flexible approach to working patterns to be able to travel, worldwide and offshore, often at short notice.
Please apply directly to Simon Ellis email@example.com
We are seeking an individual to produce formal quotations against customer enquiries and to support the sales department to win new equipment business. The position will require interaction with other business areas including design, quality, project management and supply chain.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities –
- Review customer enquiries, recognizing and identifying key technical and commercial criteria
- Selection of equipment with associated auxiliary systems
- Calculate performance details using PB software
- Determine and have responsibility for all costs in the PB standard format and agree price to customer with sales
- Determining the delivery time possible to suit each customers requirement and provide production schedule to demonstrate
- Issue enquiries to sub-vendors for ancillary equipment
- Evaluate received quotations both technically and commercially and select vendors for inclusion in tender
- Review and understand client specifications, including chairing specification review meetings
- Assist the sales department in determining contract conditions and financial requirements
- Prepare budget and detailed technical and commercial tenders
- Gather, prepare and arrange bid supporting information in a format suitable for client submission
- Work to client driven deadlines
- Support sales and technical staff at customer locations worldwide
- Attend international exhibitions to converse with customers and suppliers
- Use and update PB CRM system
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- In depth related engineering experience
- Knowledge of steam turbines or gas compressors and associated systems advantageous
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Degree/HND in a related engineering discipline (mechanical preferred)
Domestic and international travel is required to support project presentations, bid clarification and project kick-off meetings.
If you believe you have the drive and energy to make a real difference and add value to our business, please apply directly to Libby Shough – firstname.lastname@example.org
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Assembly Fitter for the Peter Brotherhood business.
To work within a highly motivated, qualified and professional team, building steam turbines, gas compressors, gearbox assemblies and various equipment which include a wide range of fitting skills, assembling of components and testing.
The ideal candidate would have gained experience with working in an engineering environment, working with highly specified/tolerance specifications. You would be a time served Engineer which would have been supported by a recognised mechanical apprenticeship or higher qualification.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities –
- Able to work within all aspects of engineering and fitting.
- To understand customer’s requirements, and support the development by suggesting potential improvement to processes.
- Ensure that Health & Safety, Quality and Environment assurance, control and regulatory compliance are demonstrated.
- Work with the team to ensure a zero accident environment is maintained through a focus on all safety-related matters.
- Work within team and all cross functional teams to ensure contractual obligations are achieved Right First Time (RFT) and On Time In Full (OTIF).
- Agree annual plans that define improvement targets and detail the enabling actions and work programmes necessary for their achievement. Develop and implement measures to track progress against objectives and targets and recommend corrective actions to the Management Team when appropriate.
- Ensure that machinery, equipment and the workplace environment is properly managed and maintained to meet required output, increase productivity and reduce waste.
- Able to share best practice, continuous improvement principles, innovation and assist with the delivery of the Company mission. Support continuous improvement initiatives to reduce waste and cycle time within operations processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
|Competency||Requirement||Critical / Desirable|
|Qualifications||– Mechanical Apprenticeship.
– Relevant professional qualifications.
|Operational||– Safety orientated individual.
– Proven ability to work in a highly motivated team and able to remain focused on deadlines in a pressurised environment.
– Highly experienced in engineering, manufacturing and operational environments.
– Looks for and seizes improvement opportunities.
– Demonstrated understanding and deployment of Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma and Kaizen principles.
– Ability to understand true customer values
|Communication||– Able to deliver oral and written communications that has a strong effect on others.
– Selects language and examples tailored to the level and experience of the audience.
– Presents several different arguments in support of a position.
– Gives honest feedback and expresses disagreement constructively.
– Ability to utilise readily available items to solve operational challenges through effective problem solving and analysis.
– Develops solutions to new or highly complex problems that cannot be solved using existing methods or approaches.
– Able to read/understand complex engineering drawings, method statements, routings etc.
– Results focussed, demonstrated resilience, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
– Oil and gas industry experience.
– Data literate and strong numerical skills.
If you believe you have the drive and energy to make a real difference and add value to our Peterborough based business, please apply to the HR team email@example.com
PROUD TO BE
A TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE
Peter Brotherhood conform to the stringent quality assurance standard ISO 9001:2008 and the environmental management standard ISO 14001:2004 as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Management System OHSAS 18001:2007.
Certifications available to download here.
We design, manufacture, install, commission and support Steam Turbines, Reciprocating Gas Compressors and CHP solutions. Our global through-life support services provide peace-of-mind to our customers, ensuring reliability and availability of all our machines
Contact us on:
+44 (0)1733 292200
85 Papyrus Road, Peterborough, PE4 5HG, England
Part of HT Group htg.global