Field Service Engineer
An opportunity has arisen for a Field Service Engineer to join our Service and Aftermarket Team. This challenging role will work within the Field Service team to deliver right first time and in full delivery of field service to our worldwide customer base. This role encompasses worldwide onsite technical assistance to customer during: overhaul, repair, maintenance, fault finding and installation and commissioning of steam turbines, reciprocating gas compressors and gearboxes.
You will need to have:
- Expert knowledge and first-hand experience of steam turbines, reciprocating gas compressors and gearboxes.
- A flexible approach to working patterns to be able to travel, worldwide and offshore, often at short notice.
Please apply directly to Simon Ellis email@example.com
We are seeking an individual to produce formal quotations against customer enquiries and to support the sales department to win new equipment business. The position will require interaction with other business areas including design, quality, project management and supply chain.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities –
- Review customer enquiries, recognizing and identifying key technical and commercial criteria
- Selection of equipment with associated auxiliary systems
- Calculate performance details using PB software
- Determine and have responsibility for all costs in the PB standard format and agree price to customer with sales
- Determining the delivery time possible to suit each customers requirement and provide production schedule to demonstrate
- Issue enquiries to sub-vendors for ancillary equipment
- Evaluate received quotations both technically and commercially and select vendors for inclusion in tender
- Review and understand client specifications, including chairing specification review meetings
- Assist the sales department in determining contract conditions and financial requirements
- Prepare budget and detailed technical and commercial tenders
- Gather, prepare and arrange bid supporting information in a format suitable for client submission
- Work to client driven deadlines
- Support sales and technical staff at customer locations worldwide
- Attend international exhibitions to converse with customers and suppliers
- Use and update PB CRM system
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- In depth related engineering experience
- Knowledge of steam turbines or gas compressors and associated systems
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Degree/HND in a related engineering discipline (mechanical preferred)
Domestic and international travel is required to support project presentations, bid clarification and project kick-off meetings.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Finance Assistant to join our Finance Team on a full time, permanent basis. The core duties are to own the full accounts receivable / credit control cycle from order acknowledgement through to cash collection. The role will also support project and cost accounting covering revenue, stock & WIP transactions as well as project analysis and reporting.
The successful candidate will be expected to be self-motivated and be willing to learn and develop within the role. The opportunity would be ideal for a candidate with a credit control background looking to expand their skills and experience or an AAT qualified candidate looking for the next step in their development and training.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities –
• Processing sales invoices, order acknowledgements and credit notes
• AR system month end close/Issuing customer statements
• Support weekly cash/invoicing cycle
• Credit Control/Resolving queries
• Process GL journal entries for month end/Complete GL accounts reconciliations
Support Project Cost Accountant with:
• Daily transaction processing for stock/WIP
• Support project cost analysis for weekly/monthly review & reporting
• Month end cost of sales processes/GL reconciliations
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required
• AAT Qualified or equivalent
• Assertive and self-starting – Sense of urgency and commitment to meeting deadlines
• Results focused by ensuring high quality & accuracy
• Comfortable with working with other departments and managers and asking questions where required
• Previous experience in a manufacturing and exporting company preferred
• Strong Excel skills
• Experience with accounting/ERP systems (Eg Open Accounts)
If you believe you have the drive and energy to make a real difference and add value to our Peterborough based business, please apply to the HR team firstname.lastname@example.org
PROUD TO BE
A TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE
Peter Brotherhood conform to the stringent quality assurance standard ISO 9001:2015 and the environmental management standard ISO 14001:2015 as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Management System OHSAS 18001:2007.
Certifications available to download here.
We design, manufacture, install, commission and support Steam Turbines, Reciprocating Gas Compressors and CHP solutions. Our global through-life support services provide peace-of-mind to our customers, ensuring reliability and availability of all our machines.
85 Papyrus Road, Peterborough, PE4 5HG, England